Severe Weather Bulletin No.8 #GlendaPH
Tropical Cyclone Warning: Typhoon “Glenda” (Rammasun)
Issued At 11:00 AM, 15 July 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
TYPHOON “GLENDA” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH AND PASSED VERY CLOSE TO CATARMAN, NORTHERN SAMAR
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, Typhoon “GLENDA” was estimated based on all available data and PAGASA Virac Radar ay 80 km East of Catarman, Northern Samar or 160 km East Southeast of Legazpi City, Albay (12.7°N, 125.4°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 120 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 150 kph.
Movement: Forecast to move West at 24 kph.
Forecast Positions: Typhoon “GLENDA” is expected make landfall over Albay-Sorsogon area this afternoon then cross Albay towards Southern Luzon. It is expected to be in the vicinity of NCR by tomorrow morning and will exit the Luzon landmass via Zambales area by afternoon. By Thursday morning, it will be at 300 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur and by Friday morning, it is expected to be in the vicinity of Southern China
PUBLIC STORM WARNING SIGNAL:
PSWS #3 (Winds of 101-185 kph is expected in at least 18 hours)
• #Catanduanes, #Albay, #Sorsogon, #CamarinesNorte. #CamarinesSur, #Masbate, #SouthernQuezon, #Marinduque, #NorthernSamar, northern part of #Samar and #EasternSamar
PSWS #2 (Winds of 61-100 Kph is expected in at least 24 hours)
• #NorthernQuezon including #PolilloIslands, #Batangas, #Cavite, #Laguna, #Rizal, #Bulacan, #Pampanga, #Bataan, #Biliran, rest of #Samar and #EasternSamar, northern part of #Leyte province, and #MetroManila
PSWS #1 (Winds of 30-60 Kph is expected in at least 36 hours)
• #Romblon, #OrientalMindoro, #OccidentalMindoro, #Zambales, #Tarlac, #NuevaEcija, #NuevaVizcaya, #Quirino, #Benguet, #LaUnion, #Pangasinan, southern part of #Leyte province, #CamotesIslands, and #Aurora
• Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas under signal #3, #2, & #1 are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20.0 mm per hour (moderate to intense) within the 500 km diameter of the typhoon.
• Fishing boats and other small seacrafts are advised not to venture out into the Eastern seaboards of Luzon and Visayas.
• The public and the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (DRRMC) concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 5PM today.
The Search for Miss Tuburan 2014 is now going on. Screening will be on March 16, 2014 (Sunday) and March 22, 2014 (Saturday) at Cebu Technological University, Tuburan Campus Activity Center at 1:00 o’clock in the afternoon.
IF YOU ARE:
1. 16 – 21 years old
2. Resident Of Tuburan
3. At least HS/College Level
5. 5’4 in height
Please bring the following:
A. 1 Whole body picture
C. Good Moral Certification from the Brgy. Captain
For more information please contact: 09183055092; 09225722004; 09176340522.
SEE TOU THERE!!!!
TINUBDAN SA KAUSWAGAN CULTURAL TROUPE
TINUBDAN SA KAUSWAGAN CULTURAL TROUPE is currently preparing for its launching on June 2014. In line with this, TKCT is looking for talents who want to be part of the group.
For those interested, please drop by at the Executive Building, 2nd Floor Municipal Hall for a Screening on March 14, 2014 (Friday), 5:00 and March 15, 2014 (Saturday), 1:00pm – 5:00pm.
Please take note of the following guidelines:
1. Must be a Bona Fide Resident in the Municipality of Tuburan;
2. Male or Female
3. Between 13 to 25 years old;
4. Possess good moral character, as certified by the Barangay Captain;
5. Preferably High School/College Level;
6. Multi – talented: DANCING / SINGING / ACTING SKILLS;
7. Willing to undergo rigid training as scheduled by the TKCT Organizers;
8. Please bring BIODATA with picture.
For questions, kindly contact 09183055092; 09225722004; 09176340522.
SEE YOU THERE!!!!